yu-yu

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My first Spanish lesson

1) How much of the presentation in Spanish did you understand? What made the input comprehensible and what could have been done to make the language easier to understand?
I think I could understand almost all of the lesson. At the beginning of the lesson, I couldn't understand what Mr. hall said, but gradually I became understood it.
I think What made the input comprehensible was the figure which Mr. Hall wrote on the blackboard and Mr. Hall's gestures. I could listen to his presentation as I looking at the figure and expecting the meaning of the words, because the figure was same as what we use in Japan when we explain our families, so it made me easier to understond the words what means families, I think.
And another point what made the input comprehensible was Mr.Hall's jesture, I think. He chaged his voice in places. It enabled me to identify that the word means man or woman.

2) Did you learn any new words or new grammar in Spanish?
Yes, I learned some new words and grammer. I had never learned Spanish, but I maybe can do simple family introduce now, I think.

3) How did you feel about being a beginning foreign language student?
At the beginning of the lesson, I felt a little nervous. But I gradually felt relaxed and could enjoy the lesson. I thought, the students who study English for the first time will feel nervous, too. So it is important for us (teachers) to make the students relaxed at first, I think.  
And I found we can learn new language without special explanation in L1 language. I think, it is important to use imagination to guess the meaning of unknown words when we learn foreign language.




1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Gami said...

☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★
I had same ideas with you . I really remembered and understood the feeling of students who try to study somethig new . I had both hopes and fears , but fears were much bigger than hopes . So teachers must remove the fares of students . I think that begining is the most important terms for students to become interested in the subject . We have to remove fears as soon as we can and interest them in the subjects .
☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★

 

Post a Comment

<< Home