yu-yu

Monday, May 16, 2005

Working with Input

☆ Which points of this lesson did you agree with or find helpful and why?
 I agree with the points that Familiar topics, Gestures, and Visuals make input comprehensible when using new vocabulary. I found it from my actual experience, Mr. Hall's Spanish lesson. The lesson's topic was about his family. The topic was very familiar with me, so I could guess the meaning of the words. I thought the topic made the input comprehensible.
Next are Visuals. I think pictures and charts are helpful when using new vocabulary because, in the Spanish lesson,the family tree made the input comprehensible I think.
I think when we learn new vocobulary it is effective to use our various senses, for example eyes, ears, hands, and so on. The visuals can give us many informations through our eyes. It is important to make input. And Gestures are also give some informations through the body. Through the gestures we can guess the meaning of the words which we don't know. It is very effective way, I think.

☆Which points of this lesson did you disagree or did not find helpful and why?
I don't agree with the point that "use students as example" are helpful. Because the "example students" couldn't see the differences , for example when the teacher talking about colors by using students' hair. And perhaps there are some students who are unwilling to be the example, I think. so I don't agree the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home