yu-yu

Saturday, October 08, 2005

☆My Teacher Training☆

I did my Teacher Training in Niou elementary school. And I was assigned to the 2 nensei's class. The first day of the teacher training, I was very nervous, so I was thinking many many things on my way to the school. I have a lot of worries and expectations.
The same day, I met my students for the first time. I was so nervous but their smiles eased my tension. They looked happy to see us, so I became very happy to see them, too!! And they called me"Ayumi sensei!!" It was my first experience.I felt happy again.
The second week, I started to give lessons. My first class was Japanese. I spent lots of time to prepare for the class, but I could not do all things that I want to do in the class. After the class, I felt there were much room for improvement in my class. But I could also feel the pleasure of teaching.
From the day I was very busy, but I thought "I'll stick it out! " because I loved my students. Childlen were always full of vitality. I was encouraged by their smiles many many times.
In the elementary school, we have to teach all subjects. It was a difficult job for me. Because, I had almost no knowledge of Music, Art, and so on. So I have to read many various books to teach them. It was hard, but it was also fun for me.
Before the teacher training, I had thought that a good teacher is a teacher who could teach well.And I had also thought that teacher should forward the class smoothly.

But my ideas are changed through the teacher training. Now I think that a good teacher is a teacher who could think about children first and foremost. I thought that to cherish children is most important for teachers. And I also think a teacher should have the patience to wait. Sometimes it takes long time for the children to answer the question. But teacher should wait. I think the teacher who can wait is a good teacher.
And I also realized that good class is not a smooth class but a class that all children are thinking.It was difficult to make all children understood, but I thought that we could have all children thinking. I think it is a good class.
I could learn lots of things from the teacher training. I am thanking all my students very much!! They are my treasure. Thank you for precious time

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger JH said...

I was struck by one of your last comments "A good class is not a class that runs smoothly but a class where all children are thinking." You have made me reflect on a couple of my own lessons and look at them from a different perspective. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home